Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here We Go!

Well, a lot has happened in the last couple of days. One of them being that I am now unemployed :( My last day at work was Friday and the girls threw me a great cake party and luncheon. They know me so well, they had pizza and wings. What more could a girl ask for?!?!? I will mis my Refund Unit girls so much! Hopefully they stop by here and catch up with me. They were great at venting and being girl's girl's. If you don't know what that means, it's when women don't get catty with each other, they build each other up and make each other feel good about themselves. I can't tell you how many times I talked to those girls and felt a million and a half times better about whatever it was that was buggin me. I will miss them very, very much.
The next day, Saturday, was the kids birthday party. Har and LJ had sooo much fun! All their cousins were there and they had cake, balloons, toys -- In other words, they were in heaven with the angels for a half a day! They each had their own cake and each got sang Happy Birthday to by the whole room. Their immediate family from both sides came. I couldn't handle inviting any more people, the house was bulging at the seams as it was :)
From that point on I was non-stop studying. I took some time off to hang out with my niece and nephew who are only down once a year yesterday, and then I got right back to it. I stayed up until 1 in the morning last night preparing for orientation today and had to be up at 6. Everything was in order and I was set to go!
So this morning the alarm went off and I got ready and got the babies ready. Off we went but this time when I dropped them off, it was different. I wasn't going to work, I was going to school. And man was I freaking out. I couldn't describe why it was different, it just was. I was five minutes late getting there, for those of you who know me that is great! I walked in and I heard this loud rumbling. I went to the auditorium and no one was in there, so I followed the noise. I walked into the classroom and it was like a different world. About 40 people were milling about talking and asking questions. The room seemed like it was buzzing. I was so excited! I've been going to school for two years, but this was it! This is what I was waiting and praying for! There were a lot of people there. Some I knew and most I didn't, but it really didn't matter. We were all in the same boat. It was all new and you could tell we were all nervous. The day went great - It was fixed with speaker after speaker. We had lunch in the Cafeteria (nice by the way) and got our own lockers and mailboxes. I was so happy to be there, it kind of felt like a culmination of everything I worked so hard for, all the paperwork and classes, I was now a nursing student. And we looked like it, too. When we walked around the hospital in packs, it was laughable. We should have been wearing huge signs that say FRESHMAN STUDENTS HERE -- PLEASE DON"T GIVE THEM A NEEDLE YET!!!!! LOL
All in all, it was a great day and I can't wait to go back tomorrow. There will be a luncheon where we'll be paired up with a senior and I'll just bet the person I get paired up with is 19. I just bet haha. Well, I have to get the kids into bed and start reading my assignment for next week. Lots of Blessings ~ Mary

No comments: