Monday, June 23, 2008

It's been a hectic past couple of weeks and has no signs of slowing. Last Thursday I went to a concert - Pearl Jam - who I loved when I was younger. I found out I was old. There were about a trillion teenagers there that were annoying me, I had four beers and got drunk, the music was to loud, I had to pee so badly I made Gina pull over to the side of the road, and woke up with the worst headache I've had in a long time. It turns out that if you relax for a little while and settle down with your family, having "fun" kind of sucks. I had an alright time but they didn't play enough good music for me to really get happy and I missed my kids.
Plus, I had to wake up the next morning, after driving around Camden until after 1 in the morning trying to get home, and leave for camping. I wasn't even packed! I was a wreck haha. I packed like I was leaving in a week. I would put a couple of things into the suitcase, then lay down. I would grab the toothbrushes, then lay down. It was aweful. Syd came in and was all -- "Are you OK?" I was all - "Oh yeah, just the music was to loud and I have a headache from that." I could feel my nose growing as I said it but I couldn't very well say, "Well Syd, I once drank rum for a whole week in a row in the Dominican Republic on my honeymoon and had not a slur but nowadays I can't have four beers without falling down the steps and splitting my head in two with my own two hands to get the heart that's beating in it, out." That wouldn't have worked quite so well as the music being to loud or set as good an example.
Well, what really snapped me out of it was the coffee J got me and the Motrin 800 I took before leaving. :)
I did get packed and out the door. We took the extended version of the trip as we always do when I am following my father. The trip should have been about an hour away - It was only twenty miles from Atlantic City - but my dad got us a little lost. So we drove - then drove - then drove again until we arrived at the state park two and a half hours after we left the house. Jamie came down Saturday and brought relief for Syd in the way of my niece Amanda because you know, camping is so boring and there's no ipod or tv. All in all we had a wonderful trip. It was relaxing when the kids weren't screaming or falling - side note James almost fell into the fire, he's OK but very scary stuff right there. It was calm and lots of food and lots of family. So good, almost to good. When you get home from something like that, it's disappointing. Back to the grind, back to the cleaning, back to planning an anniversary party at my home for Sunday. I guess it's like coming back to the loud music of home instead of the peacefulness of the forest. Although one day I will long for the loud music that I have right now. My children's screams and giggles and laughs. That's the music of my blessed life. I love camping and I can't wait for us to go again. :)

No comments: