Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break is Over - Back to Reality
Well, the heat has been turned back on! The good news is that I have everything completed that I need to have turned in for the next two weeks. The bad news is that the teacher that we have for the first half of the information is done on Thursday @10 and the teacher that I really have a hard time concentrating on is starting @ 11. I really like my teacher right now, she is straight to the point about what is important and doesn't go off on long tangents. Oh, well. Can't have everything you want, right? So I was up at 5 and I stll have some Miller CDs to watch. For those of you who have never heard of Miller CDs - They are tutorials that go through many different topics. For example, Reproduction is what we are doing now. The woman teaches different segments about 20 minutes each on different topics. They also come with a thick stack of review questions. My school has them on hand for us to borrow. Anyway, they seem to be helpful and NCLEX questions are always great tools. Just a little aside, for anyone who is taking the NCLEX in 2010 like me, the questions are going to be changed and re-evaluated. It was announced at the NJSNA (Student Nurse's Association) convention at one of the reviews. So the importance of that is you will probably want to take an Nclex review because those are the people who study exactly what % of the questions are on certain topics. Then they teach a review concentrating on those areas but giving a broad review of all areas.
SO tomorrow I start on the Maternity floor. I will be in the nursery all day and so to prepare for newborn assessment, I reviewed all the video clips of newborns in my physical asssessment class. I am really excited! I wanted to go into nursing because of the experience I had giving birth to James (If you haven't read it, it's in August 2008 and named This is th Reason) and to get back to the place I started is really going to be a validation of why I'm working so hard. That's the theory, anyway. One of the clinical days when we arrive, our instructor will tell us it's our day in the NICU, so any day I could be going there. I'll have to tell ya how that turns out tomorrow :) Doesn't mattter though, I'll be playing with babies all day! I can feel good energy acomin'!
So we had clss from 8-10 this morning, a concept map class (we have to learn a whole new way to do them) from 10-11, and a physical assessment class from 11-1. Then my friend and I helped another girl with her concept map. tried to watch the CDs at school and then came home. Once I got here I straightened, made dinner, got the kids in their PJs, watched the videos for newborns, and now ot's time for Miller CDs again. No wonder I'm pooped. It's been a long day! To any future nursing students, get used to regular infusions of coofee!
Lots of Blessings!
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My blog is NurseReview.Org Nclex Study Materials and was wondering if we can exchange links. It will help increase our Pagerank as well as drive more traffic to both our site since we have the same niche.

Title: NurseReview.Org
URL: http://NurseReview.Org

If interested, please drop me a comment so that I can add your site as well. Dont forget to add my site first.

THanks,
Myk